11 June 2009

Wendy's European Vacation

My cousin Wendy was here for a visit this past week. The intention was that she would come and help out with the baby. The only problem was the baby never showed! But that just means we had more time to spend hanging out. When I was feeling too tired to go out we played a lot of Cribbage, Diminishing Rook, and Settlers of Catan. As Brian said, it was nice to have a third person to play with to make the games more fun.


We didn't just stay in the whole week, though. We were able to get out and show her some of the sights of Copenhagen. One day we visited Nyhavn, where we took a canal tour. We also took her to the Queen's Palace, and to The Marble Church.

Another day she and I walked the Strøget (the pedestrian shopping street) and visited Rosenborg Castle and The King's Gardens.

We can't thank her enough for making her first jaunt across the ocean to visit us. I'm just sorry she wasn't able to meet Oliver! He's keeping everyone anxious and waiting.

No comments: