11 April 2011

My Boys

We've fallen into a pretty regular routine around here.  I'm home with Oliver during the day, Brian comes home between 5:00 and 6:00, we have dinner, and I clean up dinner while Brian and Ollie go off to play.  Most days, once the kitchen is back in order, I collapse into a chair and watch my boys do what they do.  It's my favorite form of entertainment.  Here are some of the things they have been up to.

Oliver's absolute favorite thing to do these days is draw and color.  He sits at his table and can be occupied for very long stretches of time.  Sometimes he'll draw alone, but he usually wants someone sitting with him, drawing as he dictates what should be in the picture.  His favorite scene, which we have drawn over and over again, consists of various people and animals in trees.  (That is thanks to an episode of Wonder Pets where a baby cow gets stuck in a tree from a twister.  He LOVES that episode.)


Bike season is back!  We had a very warm day yesterday (almost 90 degrees!) so the boys went out for their first ride of the season.  Oliver was very excited to get back in his bike seat and put his helmet on.  They rode to a park and had a little play time before coming back home.


This is what I found when I walked into the living room this evening:


That's Brian playing his guitar, along with Oliver, in a tent. There was just enough room inside for a little jam session.  Oliver was in his glory.  And that is one of the many reasons I love my boys.  They are up for any adventure, and they are so darn fun to watch.

No comments: