10 November 2008

And baby makes three...

Some of you may know this already, but come June we will become a family of three!  We are so excited about this new adventure we are headed for.  The past few weeks have been rough for me though - whoever coined the term "morning sickness" needs to revise that.  It has truly been all-day sickness.  I just keep reminding myself of the good that will come of this in 7 months!

The baby-to-be has brought a change to our future plans.  We have decided to end our time in Denmark a year early, and will be moving back to the US this August.  Brian's boss has graciously agreed to let him finish the second year of his postdoc remotely from the US.  All he needs is a computer and a good internet connection, and that we can find anywhere.  It may seem surprising to some of you that we would end our time here early, but with a baby on the way we really want to be closer to family.  It's hard to explain the unexpected ways a baby can change your thoughts and plans.

I've only had one doctor visit so far, and everything checked out well.  In early December I have an ultrasound and a second doctor visit, so we will keep everyone posted with what happens there!

3 comments:

Claire said...

That is fantastic! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you :) :)

Cyndy said...

I had heard, and was very VERY excited for you! Babies do change plans! my "morning"" sickness was all day as well. Keep in touch!!!

Patty said...

I am so happy for the two of you. Good luck!